Tuesday 23 June 2015

How To #21: Death by Oreo Cupcakes

Okay, so my sugar detox thing isn't exactly going to plan, but this is cupcakes we're talking about.

It was Fathers' Day on Sunday, so I whipped up these as a treat because I totally didn't forget to buy a present.

Thanks to Pinterest, the possibilities of oreos are endless- oreo cheesecake, oreo tray bake, oreo pie- you name it.

This is why Pinterest is the greatest social media platform ever invented.

I used a packet mix to make the chocolate cake- because ain't nobody got time to whip it up from scratch, and I'm broke.

I also went through three and half packets of oreos, hence "death by oreo," this is not a hyperbole.

I also put oreos in the bottom of every cupcake case so they have a surprise oreo crunch at the bottom. So, yeah, surprise!





These are hellishly good, which is why I do not recommend making them whilst on an attempted sugar detox. Your willpower will fail you.


Ingredients:

1 box of chocolate fudge cake packet mix (such as Betty Crocker, pictured below)




2 eggs, vegetable oil and water (to add to the packet mix if stated on the box)

Bucket loads of oreos (although 3 or 4 standard sized packets should do it)

Cream cheese style icing (also Betty Crocker, but you can make your own by using cream cheese and icing sugar)


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 180˚̊c/360˚̊F gas mark 4

2. Line a muffin tray with cake cases, placing one oreo in the bottom of each case, like so (below) 




3. Follow directions on the packet mix. For the love of God, DO NOT bake it.

4. Roughly chop half to 3/4 of a packet of oreos and combine with the cake mixture.







5. Spoon mixture into cases

6. Bake in oven for 15/20 minutes until well risen. If you poke the cake with a skewer, it should come out clean.

7. Leave to cool completely before icing.

8. With the remaining oreos (if you haven't eaten them all whilst you were waiting,) combine them with the cream cheese icing.

9. Ice cakes by hand or using a piping bag (although I find the icing goes further if you do it by hand.)

10. Use mini oreos or oreo pieces to decorate your oreo cupcakes as desired.

Had enough oreos yet?


Put on a plate and consume all immediately

























Thanks for reading!

Georgia

Check back soon for more How Tos, Daily Rays and Reviews.

I've added two new blogs to my 'Must Read' list, by my very good friends Kyle (author of the "What To Do With My Life" blog) and Chantelle (author of the "So It Must Be True" blog)- check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment