Thursday 26 June 2014

How To #9: How To Write a Bucket List


Making a bucket list, or as I like to call it, f**k it list,  is always something I’d planned to get round to- like writing a novel or going on a diet, but have never done- until now. I stayed up most of the night making mine, not because it’s necessarily hard to do, but because once you start listing stuff, you can’t stop- something I like to call Pringle syndrome. However, it can be a daunting task- you have to think about what you want to do with your life in the lead up to your impending death, at the end of the day- so here are my top tips for starting a bucket list.

1.       Have a f**k it attitude: seriously, even if it seems absolutely ludicrous, but still makes you smile, write it down. Want to travel the world in eighty days? Write it down. Want to learn how to fly without wings? Maybe a bit ambitious but whack it on the list anyway. Once you let go of any boundaries your list can really get going.

 

2.       It doesn’t have to be material things: no one said you can’t have any, we are living in a material world and I am a material girl. But make sure to throw some simple ones in there too, something as simple as sleeping under the stars or donating to charity.

 

 

3.       The goals you set yourself are meant to be impossible, that’s the point: am I ever going to run a marathon? Probably not, I can barely run down my road without panting, but I stuck it on my list anyway. Although the goals you set yourself now may seem impossible, you never know, you may actually achieve them. Plus, it never hurts to dream a little

 

4.       Saying that, put some achievable goals down too: No one wants to end up with a bucket list they can’t complete, so set yourself some that you know you can achieve one day.

 

 

5.       Start Planning! If, unlike me, you are not a student and broke, and are serious about your bucket list- plan how you are going to achieve each goal. Next to each goal you write down, also write down how you plan to achieve it, and give yourself a realistic time scale of when you would like to achieve it, for example, in the next five years.

 

Good Luck!

Georgia x

 

If you need inspiration, click here to view my bucket list (still incomplete!)

If my bucket list didn’t quite get your creative juices flowing, bucketlist.net is a great website where people share their bucket list ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment